Welcome! I like to provide a photo along with a story about it to interest my readers further, and will do my best to post daily. Please don't be shy-leave your comments and critique! Thanks, JasOn.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The mighty 401


Please click to enlarge. Well, this is a photo of the 401 taken last week around 6:30pm. This is around the Trafalgar and 401 exit. Post processed in PS using "colour balance" and "curves" . I went after a perspective look in this photo. If you do not live in Southern Ontario, this is the busiest highway in Southern Ontario spanning from Windsor (Detroit) to the province of Quebec. In the Toronto area, this highway moves at a snails pace during rush hour, and at 3am there is still many cars travelling on it. About 35% of the traffic is trucks hauling our gross national product here, there and everywhere. Most Toronto area people frequent this highway every day. The average trip to work in Toronto is about 35 minutes long. My drive to work would be fast if I took the highway, but only if I was going 100km/h. At rush hour, it is stop and go at about 10-30km/hr, so I opt for a very straight side road for 32 kms with about 30 stop lights. Believe it or not, it is still faster than taking the 401.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home